Ads!!! One of the most irritating things on the internet, aren’t they? All of us have been in a situation where an ad blocked our favorite part of a video. These ads have become an integral part of every Internet platform these days like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc. So, what is the solution to this?
An adblocker in your browser!
Here we will contrast two best adblockers on the web, Adblock vs Adblock Plus.
There are a plethora of factors based on which these adblockers can be compared, such as:
UI and Usage
Both Adblock and Adblock Plus are easy to install and offer ingenious features, some of which are mentioned below.
- Block both Youtube and Facebook ads.
- Keep a count of blocked ads.
- Allow acceptable ads.
- Keep a white as well as a blacklist.
- They provide you warning about harmful domains.
- Filter lists.
You can easily enable or disable these adblockers. Moreover, both of them also have an icon in the browser. However, there is a feature that distinguishes Adblock from Adblock Plus.
- Adblock allows you to block individual elements on the screen like a video. If a video pops up on the screen, you can block it by just right-clicking on it.
- On the other hand, Adblock Plus shows you the number of ads blocked on the page which Adblock does not.
Performance and Speed
The speed of the adblocker also matters a lot. So, if we contrast both the adblockers, Adblock Plus stays ahead of Adblock. How?
- Although both of them block all sorts of ads, whether they are pop-ups, banners, or video ads, Adblock works slower in Firefox and Google Chrome as compared to Adblock Plus. No matter how many tabs you are working with, Adblock Plus will never get slow.
Plugins for both the adblockers are available for major browsers such as Chrome and Firefox. All these aspects make both of the adblockers tough competitors of each other.
Adblock vs Adblock Plus: which one is better?
Well, there is no single answer to this. Both of them have great features and benefits. Moreover, both are dependent on the same lists to block ads.
If you are someone who prefers to keep a quadrillion tabs open, Adblock Plus would be the right choice for you. For the other folks, Adblock does the job pretty well.