Jailbreaking a FireStick requires some effort, but it’s completely legal and possible. And once you’re done, you’re able to access and enjoy thousands of content titles present across the world, which is super-cool.
If you don’t know what jailbreaking is, then you need to know that it’s a process of removing all kinds of restrictions that are imposed on Amazon FireStick by its manufacturer and being able to sideload multiple apps that are not available on its App Store.
These require alterations in some security settings on Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, FireStick, and more, but after them, you’d be able to enjoy live sports, news, movies, TV shows, and more quite easily.
While jailbreaking is simply no problem, it matters what content you end up streaming on your device. What we mean is that if you stream any illegal content, like copyrighted or geo-blocked content, you might get into a lot of trouble.
To prevent all kinds of trouble after jailbreaking your FireStick, you need a reliable VPN service that can ensure your protection. Since it’s a FireStick, we recommend you look for the best vpn to use with firestick and use it if you want to access geo-restricted content.
However, please note that we do not encourage accessing any copyrighted content and suggest readers access content that’s completely legal.
Steps to Jailbreak a FireStick [Quick and Easy Guide]
Jailbreaking a FireStick means that you’d be able to download apps and resources not present on the Amazon App Store. So, let’s look at the step-by-step guide to jailbreak a FireStick:
- First, you need to hover over the ‘Find’ option on the home screen of your FireStick.
- Then, click on Search. Look for the Downloader and select it.
- Choose the Downloader application and click Download.
- Let the application install.
- After this, you’ll soon encounter a message informing you that the Downloader app is ready to be launched.
- Visit the home screen again and go to Settings.
- Click on My Fire TV.
- Select Developer options from there.
- Choose to Install Unknown Apps.
- Look for the Downloader app and click on it.
- This will then switch on downloading Unknown Sources for Downloader and enable jailbreaking on your FireStick.
After jailbreaking, you can download multiple third-party applications on your sites easily using the Downloader app.
How to Sideload Apps on FireStick
Now that you’re done with jailbreaking your FireStick, you’d want to sideload the apps. There are a variety of ways to do so. Let’s look at some of the ways to sideload apps on your Fire TV:
1. Sideloading applications directly on your FireStick:
The first thing you need to do for this is to get a VPN service. Choose the most reliable service for yourself so that it secures your data using one of its servers. After this:4
- Visit the main menu of your FireStick and search for ES Explorer using your search bar.
- Install the ES Explorer app on your device.
- Open the ES Explorer. Then, go to Tools and Download Manager.
- Then, choose + new and enter the APK in the field that says ‘path.’
- Lastly, enter the name of the app and click on ‘download now.’
2. Sideloading applications through your PC:
To sideload applications on your Amazon FireStick using your computer, you can use an application like AdbLink. Here’s what you can do:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service that ensures to protect your data.
- Visit the Settings page of your FireStick. Then, visit About > Network. Please jot down your FireStick’s IP address from there.
- Then, open up the AdbLink app, press ‘new,’ and follow the app’s prompts to add your FireStick device using the IP.
- Then, download all the APK files of the applications you require using the app developer’s site.
- From within AdbLink, click on install APK. Choose the app that you desire to transfer and click Okay.
- Your app will directly be installed on your FireStick using the AdbLink app.
3. Sideloading applications through your Android smartphone/tablet:
Just like the previous methods above, you need to subscribe to a VPN service and connect to its server first. After this, you need an app that can easily help you sideload your desired apps. A popular option is Apps2Fire. Here’s what you need to do:
- To jot down the IP address of your FireStick, you need to visit Settings > Device. After this, go to About > Network. You will find the IP address there.
- After this, go back to the Settings page. From there, visit device > developer options. Enable ADV debugging.
- Please make sure that the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to is the same as your Apps2Fire and FireStick.
- Then, open Apps2Fire, visit Settings and choose set up.
- In the dialog box, enter the IP address of your FireStick and press Save.
- Click on the menu button, choose upload apps, click on the app that you desire to install, and it will transfer itself.
There are multiple pros and cons of jailbreaking FireStick. It might be a bit risky as jailbreaking can lead to issues, and you might also accidentally access copyrighted content.
But, you can completely protect yourself throughout the jailbreaking and sideloading process using a VPN. This way, even if you face any accidents, you won’t get punished for it.
Note: We strongly discourage accessing and viewing all kinds of copyrighted content.