Redmi Note 5 Pro was released in February 2018 with MIUI 9, based on Android 7.1.1. By June 2018 itself, it sold over 5 million handsets only in India.
Following are some of its exciting features that made the sale:
- Dual Back Camera: 12 megapixels + 5 megapixels
- Front Camera: 20 megapixels with soft selfie light
- Battery: High capacity 400mAh battery, with quick charge
- Memory Available: 6 GB + 64 GB
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 75.4 x 8.05 mm
- Weight: 181 g
After a year, this phone got the MIUI 10 update based on Android 9.3.28. This led to a lot of improvements to the phone:
- Fixes in the lock screen, pins and passwords
- The better battery indicator in the notification shade
- Scanning of viruses
- Bringing in the dark mode feature
What is MIUI 11?
Released in October 2019, this new interface of MI has a lovely display. It has come out with some of these exciting features and improvements in every phone that has updated to MIUI 11:
- New alarm tones
- Different notification tones for day and night
- Better visibility and highlight of the text
- Enabling editing or typing of documents
- Wireless connection to printers
- Improvement and up-gradation of the calculator
How Did it Adversely Affect Redmi Note 5 Pro?
Redmi Note 5 Pro got its MIUI 11 update after October 2019, shortly after the newer models were updated.
You may say that Note 5 series was launched with much older software than MIUI 11. This is the second software update it has received from MI.
Over various communities and forums, consumers have complained that after installing MIUI 11, the battery has been draining faster as compared to MIUI 10:
- The phone loses battery 2-3 times faster than before
- Charging has become a lot slower
- The phone heats up even if it is lying idle
There is no official statement from Xiaomi yet, but they have been working on fixing the bug soon. Do keep in touch with us to update yourself.