The World’s most popular blogging platform and content management system, WordPress has been updated to version 5.2.3 by its developers. Featuring some core security and Maintainance updates, this version also does away with major bugs found in the previous versions. Please note that it is a sub updated version, as the next full version would be WordPress 5.3. Following are the security updates to this version:
- Various Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities have been fixed.
- Issues where validation and sanitization of a URL leading to an open redirect have been fixed.
- Prevention of Reflected cross-site scripting during media uploads.
- A vulnerability for cross-site scripting (XSS) in shortcode previews has been fixed.
- Cases, where reflected cross-site scripting could be found in the dashboard, have been fixed.
- jQuery is being updated on older versions of WordPress.
We would request our users to thus keep their WordPress sites updated to the latest version. It may be worthwhile to mention that WordPress powers around 27% of the Internet today. Almost 75,000,000 websites are using WordPress as the content management system.