Not long ago, cancer was considered an incurable disease. In the 20th century, the diagnosis sounded like a death sentence. However, the effectiveness of cancer treatment has improved significantly in the 21st century, at least in developed countries. For example, more than half of all cancer cases are cured in Germany. If the disease cannot be cured, it can be controlled for a long time. The best oncology clinics in Germany use innovative cancer treatment methods that are highly effective and cause fewer complications.
What hospital is the best for cancer treatment?
There are many good clinics in Germany where doctors successfully treat cancer. These include more than three dozen university hospitals, which are well-funded, have state-of-the-art equipment and employ the most qualified specialists.
For your cancer treatment in Germany, you can seek medical help from the University Hospital Essen, the University Hospital Dresden, the University Hospital Frankfurt, the University Hospital Heidelberg, the Charite University Hospital Berlin, or the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. There are dozens of other hospitals where doctors achieve excellent results in the fight against cancer.
If you want to make the right choice when selecting a German Oncology Center, it is important to understand the type of cancer you need to treat, at what stage, and with what methods. There is no hospital that is the best in all areas of oncology. Different hospitals specialize in different procedures and operations and achieve outstanding results in treating certain types of cancer.
It is therefore not advisable to choose the hospital on your own if you want to achieve the best treatment results. You are welcome to use the Booking Health service, which offers top German cancer hospitals. You just need to enter your diagnosis in the search bar and select a treatment method to get a list of recommended hospitals. Even better, you can get a consultation from a medical tourism specialist. The Booking Health employees are well-informed about which type of cancer is best treated at which hospital, so you can expect a successful outcome.
Why is it best to undergo your cancer treatment in Germany?
Oncology is a rapidly developing medical field. It becomes not only more effective but also more sparing. Oncologists strive to preserve not only life itself but also its quality. New cancer treatment methods are therefore constantly being implemented, and standard techniques are being improved in developed countries.
There are a few examples for you to understand why it is best to undergo your cancer treatment in Germany. These are the following:
- In addition to standard open surgery, minimally invasive procedures are increasingly performed, such as endoscopic, laparoscopic, video-assisted, and robot-assisted interventions
- Partial rather than total removal of an organ (breast, kidney, stomach, bladder, etc.) is increasingly being performed
- The removed or severely damaged organs are reconstructed to restore them (breast plastic surgery, bladder reconstruction using the small intestine, implantation of a voice prosthesis into the esophagus to restore speech, etc.)
- More precise types of radiation therapy are used, which cause fewer post-radiation complications
- Innovative drugs are used, including targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and antibody-drug conjugates
- New treatment methods are provided, such as CAR T-cell therapy, chemo- and radioembolization, radio targeted therapy, HIPEC, cancer vaccines, and many others
You are welcome to visit https://bookinghealth.com/ to select the most suitable hospital, find out prices, and make an appointment for your treatment at a favorable cost. The Booking Health specialist will help you select a medical center and fully organize your trip to Germany.