If you’re interested in online casino games, you’ve possibly already heard about sweepstakes casinos. If not, don’t worry – we’re going to tell you all the important things you need to know about them in this post.
Let’s start by mentioning that sweepstakes casinos are a new form of online casino – and they have several benefits. For example, because they use a sweepstakes model, rather than real-money wagering, they are often legal to play in US states where traditional online casinos are prohibited.
Furthermore, they can be enjoyed for free, which makes them a great place for newcomers to get to grips with lots of different casino games without any risk.
In this post, we’ll look at what sweepstakes casinos are and how they work, as well as what bonuses are available for users, how they are free to play, and where to find the best sweepstakes casinos in the US.
The Sweepstakes Casino Model
When you think about regular online casinos, what do you picture? Presumably, you’re thinking about exciting casino games, including the likes of immersive slot machines, digital roulette and blackjack tables, jackpot games, and possibly even live dealer games where you can interact with other people.
The thing to note here is that sweepstakes casinos aren’t any different in that sense. They offer similar experiences to those you’d find at any online casino when it comes to games.
However, there is one big difference – the sweepstakes model.
While regular online casinos allow users to make real money wagers, sweepstakes casinos don’t. Instead, sweepstakes casino users play games with two alternative currencies.
An Introduction to Sweepstakes Casino Alternative Currencies
We’ve established that sweepstakes casinos use two alternative currencies – but what are they and how do they work?
How Are Gold Coins Used?
First, let’s talk about Gold Coins. This is a currency that is used to play games at sweepstakes casinos and users can buy them directly.
However, these Gold Coins aren’t worth any real money. Therefore, they can’t be exchanged back into cash or withdrawn. Their only purpose is to be used to play casino games.
How Are Sweeps Coins Used?
Now, let’s talk about Sweeps Coins. This is also a currency that is used to play games at sweepstakes casinos. However, users can’t buy them.
Instead, these Sweeps Coins are handed out for free when users sign up, buy Gold Coins, log in daily, take part in competitions, enter giveaways, and lots of other things.
Again, they aren’t worth any real money, so can’t be withdrawn. However, unlike Gold Coins, Sweeps Coins can be exchanged for sweepstakes prizes, which include things like vouchers, but also real cash, which can then be withdrawn into a bank account.
Are Sweepstakes Casinos Free to Play?
Yes, sweepstakes casinos are free to play – although it should be noted that this isn’t technically the case if you decide to buy Gold Coins.
Nevertheless, Sweeps Coins – or whatever they are named at the sweepstakes casino you use – are only handed out for free. Sure, if you want to play for free, you can’t take advantage of the “Buy Gold Coins and Receive Free Sweeps Coins” offers. However, as we have already established, Sweeps Coins are handed out for free for lots of other reasons that don’t require a deposit, so free play is certainly possible and should be encouraged.
What Bonuses Are Available at Sweepstakes Casinos?
As with most regular online casinos, sweepstakes casinos provide users with several bonuses. These include things like deposit bonuses, no-deposit bonuses, daily login bonuses, regular play bonuses, and even Birthday bonuses – plus many others.
That means you can keep playing for free regularly. Plus, there are lots of different sweepstakes casinos available these days, so you can take advantage of lots of bonuses across the selection. Just make sure to check that each sweepstakes casino is legal in your location before you get started.
What Are the Best Sweepstakes Casinos in the US?
There are plenty of great sweepstakes casinos available in the US, but the following are some examples you could consider:
- NoLimit Coins – Playing sweeps at NoLimit Coins Casino is a fun way of playing online casino games without the risk of losing real money. This is because the platform provides users with regular no-deposit bonuses, so you can return and try out the new releases without spending anything at all.
- Tao Fortune – If you’re looking for lots of free coins just for signing up, Tao Fortune is an excellent choice of sweepstakes casino. One of the benefits of joining this platform is that it hosts jackpot slots, which certainly adds to the excitement of playing.
- Sweepslots – Logging in regularly at Sweepslots is a worthwhile thing to do because the platform hands out lots of daily login bonuses, which means you won’t need to make any real money deposits.
- WOW Vegas – Lots of sweepstakes casinos offer new players bonuses but WOW Vegas is renowned for being generous in this regard. A huge positive with this platform is that there is a dedicated app too, which means mobile users can enjoy a smooth gaming experience wherever and whenever they want to play.
- BitBetWin – This is an interesting platform because it’s Bitcoin-exclusive. Of course, there’s no need to deposit because you can still receive coins for free. However, if you do want to buy coins to play, you can do so with Bitcoin, which means fast and secure transactions for those who prefer alternative payment methods.
- High 5 Casino – When you register with High 5 Casino, you’ll receive free coins for your troubles. That means you can be playing exciting casino games within minutes, without the need to make any real cash deposits. This is a great option for newcomers who would like to try some games quickly for free.
Are Sweepstakes Casinos Legal in All US States?
Almost – but no.
Sweepstakes casinos are currently not legal to play in Washington. Always check they’re legal to play where you are before you sign up.